Hays Legal are working in partnership with a leading Abu Dhabi bank to find a talented and inquisitive Senior Legal Counsel to manage transactions, provide legal advice to the business, and proactively identify legal risks and assist in the mitigation of legal risks.
Duties and Responsibilities;
Reporting directly to the General Counsel you will be expected to;
- To shape the strategy and goals of the legal team, provide updates on day to day activity, advise of material issues, queries and changes.
- To manage, mentor and guide in the provision of legal advice and transaction management.
- To provide legal advice, receive and discuss instructions, to train and guide on legal issues
- To manage relationships with external counsel and ensure transactions and costs are appropriately managed
- People management to ensure the effective achievement of the team’s objectives through setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing the team and providing formal and informal feedback to maximise overall performance, engagement and motivation
What you need to do now
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
Minimum Experience of at least 7 years of legal experience (where appropriate, in banking/finance or other required and relevant areas of specialism, such as commercial law) from a reputable/recognised law firm and/or regional or international bank
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised/reputable university in law, or another degree and a recognised conversion course
- Admission to practice in a civil or common law country desirable
What you will get in return:
- This company boasts a fantastic inclusive culture where each person is truly valued.
- 30 days Annual leave plus national holidays
- Salary between 40,000- 55,000 DOE
- Yearly flight tickets paid in cash for spouse and children
- 25,000 school fees per child up to 3 children
- Yearly company bonus depending on company and personal performance
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.