Hays Legal are working in partnership with a reputable bank in Abu Dhabi to source for a Junior Company Secretary to assist the company secretary in their legal team.
Please note this is not a legal secretary role nor a conventional secretary role, it requires someone with experience within governance.
- Work independently and be the key point of contact for the relevant subsidiary boards.
- Prepare, present and conduct the induction process for all new board directors
- Partner with the Company Secretary to deliver an effective, efficient and valued secretariat/governance service.
- Provide accurate and relevant information and advice to Company Secretary to assist Directors and the Boards of Joint Venture companies and Board committees
- Maintain the relevant Board calendar, with the assistance of the Board Administrator to manage meeting invitations
- Ensure all decisions of the Board are accurately and appropriately recorded in the minutes of the meetings
- Prepare and draft resolutions-in-writing and provide assistance to the business in preparing submissions to the Board
- Ensure the successful delivery of all Board meetings including preparation of documentation and conduct of meetings
- Maintain a current knowledge base of external corporate governance requirements, trends and key matters of interest for Boards.
- Assist in management of complex governance issues, including providing direction and facilitating approvals as required
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience in a Company Secretary environment, preferably in financial services
- Experience in corporate law in either private practice or in-house
- Strong organisational skills to manage a wide range of responsibilities
- A skilled communicator who confidently conveys information in both verbal and written communications and can communicate complex business and governance related issues for a range of audiences including experienced Directors, senior executives, Government officials, legislators and shareholders
- Facilitate complex negotiations and demonstrate a broad business perspective in conflict resolution
- Demonstrates high ethical standards and integrity in all working relationships including being able to maintain strict confidentiality when required
- Ability to adapt to changing internal and external environments and can support teams to do the same
- Customer focused and commitment to delivering great outcomes and solutions for customers
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.